CIS endeavors to make technology enriched learning environments convenient and available campuswide for Manoa faculty. To facilitate this goal, CIS created this “Guide” to provide physical and technical information about classrooms and auditoria available for general instructional use on the Manoa campus. Information on 180+ general-use classrooms and auditoria is provided in this section. Indices have been provided below. Each classroom file includes a physical description, environmental conditions (air-conditioning, lighting, etc.), a listing of all permanently installed media equipment, and several photos of the classroom.
Additional Classroom Information
- How to Schedule Your Class into a Media Equipped Classroom – Occasional use of media may be served by departmentally-owned media equipment or equipment pools around campus. Heavy users of media should be placed into classrooms with permanently installed media equipment. Here’s some advice to follow.
- Classroom Computers – CIS maintains computers installed in general-use classrooms as well as those found on data projection carts located in equipment pools across campus.
- AirPlay – Connect your iPad (iPhone, Mac or Windows laptop) wirelessly to the classroom projection system.
- The iClicker is a simple to use audience response system that permits faculty to interact with their students. The intuitive nature of this system makes it simple for students to use and allows faculty to focus on instruction and not the technology.
- For Fastest Help…with the Classroom Environment – Window blinds need repair? Inadequate chalk supply? Problems with the P. A. system, video projector, or computer? Air-conditioning out of control? When you need assistance or have problems with a general-use classroom, follow this step-by-step guide.
- Assistive Listening Systems – The University of Hawaii at Manoa provides support for the hearing impaired in selected classrooms on campus.
- UHM Classroom Use Policy and Procedures – The university’s general-use classrooms are governed by a policy that state how these resources are to be managed and utilized.
- Classroom Statistics – Interested in knowing how many general-use classrooms are equipped with various types of technology?