CIS Graphic Media Design (GMD) personnel plan and produce a wide range of visual instructional and informational materials, using state-of-the-art, Macintosh-based graphics technology for faculty and staff.
GMD Products & Services
- Charts and graphs
- Illustrations, including maps and diagrams
- Electronic presentations
- Design of displays
In addition to producing graphic materials, GMD offers UH Mānoa departments and offices consultation services related to graphics and computer technology.
CIS graphics services are available to faculty and staff members of the University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa. See also “Service Priorities” section below. GMD will not provide graphics services to students, including graduate students. GMD will not produce graphics materials for any client not employed by the University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa or clients not employed by the UH Board of Regents.
Limitations on Services
Since CIS is unable to charge back for materials consumed or other costs incurred in providing services to clients, GMD reserves the right to establish limits on the amount as well as the complexity of work that can be performed for an individual client. This policy will be applied to ensure equitable access by all CIS clients. Additional factors may also limit services available.
Purchases for Outside Services/Buyouts
All buyouts (services purchased from off-campus vendors), such as printing, image setting, film processing, and large mounting, will be the client’s responsibility, i.e., the client’s department must issue the purchase order directly to the vendor. GMD will assist in writing specifications, soliciting prices, and acting as liaison between vendor and client.
Services will be provided according to the following priorities:
- Materials produced primarily for direct instructional use with students in a classroom or laboratory setting; materials produced for OFDAS programs.
- Materials produced primarily for other purposes but will also be used for direct instructional use with students in a classroom or laboratory setting.
- Materials produced for UHM related business but will not be used for instruction
Multiple Copies of Materials
GMD will not produce multiple copies of any graphic materials. GMD will provide the camera ready original and/or electronic file, and the client is responsible for any duplication needs.
CIS Graphic Media Design (GMD) personnel, in addition to producing graphic materials, offer UH Mānoa departments and offices consultation services related to graphics and computer technology.
General Graphic Needs
- Assist in locating specialized graphics services not provided by GMD
- Assist in the purchasing special graphics materials
- Assist in writing printing specifications for print reproduction
- Assist in soliciting competetive bids for printing jobs
- Serve as laison between clients and printers
Computer Graphic Needs
- Assist in preparing educational materials from computer files
- Assist in developing computer and computer-related presentation methods for coursework