The Center for Instructional Support is responsible for maintaining computers installed in general-use classrooms. These computers are capable of supporting majority of applications faculty require for classroom instruction.
CIS regularly perform computer hardware maintenance and software upgrades. Problems with any CIS equipment should be reported immediately for prompt attention by going to our Report Trouble page or by calling our office at 956-8075.
View a list of Classrooms with PCs
View a list of Classrooms with Apple (Mac) computers
Quick Facts about Classroom Computers and Software
- Classroom computers are preloaded with common user applications (see below).
- All PC computers have that can read either DVD or CD; some PC computers have Blu-ray drives
- Older Apple Mac Pro computers have optical drives that can read DVDs or CDs. Newer Apple Mac Mini computers are NOT equipped with any optical drives.
- USB flash drives are the best way to transfer files to a classroom computer. All computers have USB inputs accessible from an auxiliary input panel in the equipment cabinet or on the front of the computer itself.
- Microsoft PowerPoint should be cross-platform compatible.
Policies regarding the use of Classroom Computers
- Faculty may load software on classroom computers as long as they have a legal copy to do so.
- Users should not remove applications and data other than their own. User’s files should be saved in the “User Files” folder to keep the desktop neat and uncluttered.
- Personal applications and files left on the computer during semester breaks may be removed.
|Operating System||Windows 10 Pro||mac OS High Sierra|
|Web Browsers||Chrome, Edge, Firefox||Chrome, Firefox, Safari|
|Secure FTP Client||SSH|
|Microsoft Office||MS Office 2013||MS Office 2016|
|PDF Viewer||Abobe Acrobat Reader DC||Abobe Acrobat Reader DC|
|Graphics Viewer||Windows Photos||Preview|
|Sound Application||Windows Media, Media Player Classic, VLC Media Player||iTunes, Quicktime|
|Support Applications||Silverlight, Java|
|Anti-Virus Software||Windows Defender|