- Navigate to System Preferences > Displays > Display.
- Select your “Classroom from the “AirPlay mirroring” drop-down menu. Type in the Password (provided by CIS). Your Mac will automatically connect to the device and begin mirroring the screen.
- After a successful connection, you’ll see new settings in the Display preference pane. You can choose between “Best for built-in display,” “Best for AirPlay,” or “Scaled.” The Best for built-in display will replicate your current Mac resolution on the TV display. The Best for AirPlay option will adjust your Mac display resolution to match that of the television. Finally, the Scaled option will let you choose a resolution from a list of choices.
- If your television is chopping off a portion of the screen, then you can check the option for “Overscan correction.” This will ensure that the screen is positioned properly on your television.
- If you enable the option for “Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available” in the Displays System Preference pane, then you’ll see a new item pop up in your menu bar. Clicking on this icon will give you the option of connecting to any of the available AirPlay mirroring-compatible Apple TVs.
- At the end of your session.
Kuykendall Hall 103
8:00 am–4:30 pm